Welcome!

Random Ramblings from a Teenage Girl

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Christmas Tree Adventure

Everyone knows that Christmas season starts as soon as Thanksgiving ends. Really, the day after Thanksgiving we wake up and think, "Oh I need to get a tree". This might be a side effect from eating so much food..or maybe we just don't want to get let down after having enjoyed one small holiday. However you choose to look at it, it happens.
Now this strange phenomenon happened in my household. We woke up Friday morning and thought, "Christmas!". Unfortunately nothing happened on Friday or Saturday. By Sunday we were getting a little anxious, at this rate we might miss Christmas all together! So we had to take drastic measures.
Now, I live in a small city. In another country. And this particular city does not have a Wal-mart. Or at least it did not have one until last Friday. For some reason, this Wal-mart had Christmas trees even though no other stores have them out yet. (This particular country isn't huge on Christmas trees. In fact, that whole strange phenomenon I was talking about is very American). So because we were in danger of missing Christmas, my family decided to go to Wal-mart and get ourselves a tree.
We circled in the traffic before the parking lot for about half an hour. Playing Christmas music all the while. we were very festive. As soon as we parked, we jumped out and ran into the store. My mom went straight for the line. My sister and I went to go get the ticket stub for the tree and my father and brother got some donuts.
About two hours later we bought our items and went outside for the tree. For some reason the tree guy was not around. He showed up with a nice big tree and proceeded to make a stand for it. 30 minutes later he handed that tree over to some other families and got started on ours.
Yeah, you get the picture. Well we did get our tree and decorated it the next day. I think it was worth it. Do you?

No comments:

Post a Comment